Residents Have Asked Themselves… Do We Want To
Live with canyons of concrete and massive traffic jams, as in Clearwater Beach? Nope!
Residents have united and hired attorneys Ken Weiss & Tim Weber, who have successfully stopped two other beach communities who were on a path to permitting massive, tall buildings in their beach communities.
Be cut us out of decision making? Nope!
Residents delivered an overwhelming NO vote on March 15th, to the City Manager and City Commission’s plan to cut residents out of decision making about city lands.
So, we are going in the right direction to put the city back into residents’ hands!
Please be sure and donate to help. It’s vital to our efforts.
Be sure to note your donation is for Trust fund for Madeira Beach
And, if you’d like to help us, please send email to us: Click > Email Us
Residents of Madeira Beach have underlined their thoughts about the City Commission ignoring them!
Residents are not and were not ‘asleep at the wheel’ as the City Manager and Commissioners seemed to think.
What they have done is to narrow access for us to in a number of ways… such as
- Recordings of city meetings, despite a new ‘state of the art’ system, are poor quality, often broken up, missing key segments, posted under the wrong date, or have missing or inaudible sound. (Check out the recording for the April 6th ‘Love’ meeting.)
Why, after spending so much money for our new city complex, can we not get a faithful recording of meetings with adequate sound?
- Notice for city meetings has gone from 7 days to 24 hours.
- They (the city) stopped posting city Commission agendas in convenient (to resident) locations throughout the city.
- They stopped broadcasting on the local t-v station which was absolutely free to the city.
- And, a while back (a couple of years ago) Commissioner Shontz suggested discontinuing the broadcasts of meetings entirely!